Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just Stopping To Smell the Flowers

If there was a better day to go down to Pike Place Market than this last weekend, I'd like to know about it. With the Flower Festival in full swing for Mother's Day, I'm pretty sure there were about a thousand varieties of flowers I'll never be able to name. Row after row of every shape, size, and color, for once the Festival had the market smelling more like Mt. Vernon's fields of flowers than the fish.

The Festival was the center of the action this weekend, but I couldn't help but play tourist and catch some other aspects of the market that make it so great! 
Rows upon rows of the best freshly cut, regional flowers are on display at Pike Place Market.
It's never a trip to Pike Place Market without a shot of
the Public Market sign. It's a pretty good indication of
the number of people that were there!
For the longest time I've wanted to pack up an Alaskan King Salmon. It's just too bad I can't finance a loan.
It never fails to impress me the array of colors coming from Pike Place's vegetable stands. 
More of the same from the other side of the street. Fresh and delicious produce ripe for the pickin'!
Killer lunch at the Athenian Inn, one of the first establishments in Seattle to get a liquor license in 1933. The blackened chicken club is out of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment