Friday, February 17, 2012

Taking 'Em Down Easy Street

How often do you run across a record store that has any album you're looking for whenever you need it? These days, of course, you can always respond with "CD? What in the world is that?" type of comment. You would be right, by the way. CDs are heading the way of the cassette, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy some delicious and hearty grub while you're at the store.

Jim Bowe echoes the A1 when he says,
"This is no time for conversation." 
OH! Right. I didn't mention that part. Easy Street Records in West Seattle offers you both options. A couple nights ago, Dave, Jim, and I gave ourselves the perfect excuse to get a late morning breakfast. Having been out late the night before, we had to decide on a place to meet up the next morning.

That's right. All too easy. 

I killed the delicious Hank Williams Western Omelet, while my buddies tore through their Johnny Cash Specials. I have been going here for years, and the experience never disappoints. The store and cafe perfectly combine the hipster rock vibe without sacrificing the friendly, congenial neighborhood feeling of simply walking down the street. That vibe extends to the waitstaff. Never uppity, always pleasant, the ladies always seem to be having a great time doing their thing. 

In all my years going there, I've never had a bad experience getting fantastic food (or a record!) at Easy Street Records. Plan ahead by taking a look at their menu. If, by some amazing reason, you haven't been able to make it yet, I'm confident you won't be disappointed!




3 comments:

  1. Hipster rock vibe plus breakfast! West Seattle at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very Seattle, isn't it? I love saddling up to the bar, maybe get in a convo with the neighbor to my side, and just get into the community-feel the Cafe provides. What a place! Saturday or Sunday brunch?? Doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. East Street Records is my happy place, and I say that with all sincereness. The music, the staff, the posters, people & food - just everything about it lets me take a minute to exhale and float away on a cloud of bliss. My favorite time is to go during the week, when it's less packed and let my mind just wander. I am so thankful for its existance.

    ReplyDelete